Monday, July 7, 2008

Brett Favre To Baltimore?


I just got done watching John Clayton on ESPN's NFL Live, he reports to me; because I am the only one in the room and he was looking directly at me; in high definition he is ridiculous looking, complete with the rodently girlfriend repellent face. In this report to me he claims that Brett Farve wants back into the game...again. The best part is Green Bay has already ushered in Aaron Rodgers and has the option to bring him right back or trade his old ass.


Clayton reports that an AFC team could likely be the forerunner of Favre's famous number four (toungue twister intentional) so the Packers would not have to play against him. My team of note is the Baltimore Ravens. Apparently, Fave would make a good mentor to the likes of Joe Flacco and Kyle Boller. I still have not given up hope for the latter.


At first, as a sports fan and fan of the NFL, I was against this marriage. Brett Favre could not play anywhere else. That would be like getting a...I mean kissing your sister. Then a convincing argument by Trixie led me to feel like...screw 'em.


I will take Brett Favre in an instant. With the kind of things he does in the pocket I wouldn't want to play against him either. Even as a fan of an opposing team. If you missed Brett Favre last year, here is what he did:


4,155 Passing Yards

28 Touchdown Passes VRS 15 Interceptions

95.7 Quarterback Rating


When is the last time a Ravens fan could say their quarterback did that? 2009?

If Green Bay don't want the guy, I will take him. I don't feel like playing against the guy, possibly twice or three times. If Green Bay can't have him it might as well be Baltimore.


Green Bay will get over the loss. Baltimore got over Johnny U going to San Diego. The golden arm has been gone for years now and he has never been bigger. Perhaps the brass up in the front office of Green Bay is done with all the retirement games. Perhaps they should cut the ties. Legacy over. They'd be a bunch of dummies, but I wouldn't mind watching them do it. Or a purple and black on Favre's back.


1 comment:

Robo Captain said...

He should retire......Even though Brett is "charming" he'll never play in "charm city"